Basic Policy for Personal Information Protection
Vecnos Inc. (hereinafter referred to as Vecnos) recognizes the importance of "Protection and use of personal information" in the global information society. In handling all personal information provided in the course of business, Vecnos will comply with relevant laws and regulations and other criteria. Furthermore, Vecnos will implement, apply, and manage voluntary rules in view of international trends for personal information protection. The rules will be instructed to and followed by all employees and other parties concerned, and will be maintained and reviewed continually.
- Vecnos will acquire personal information by lawful and appropriate means, and will not collect personal information by improper means.
- Vecnos will specify the purposes of use of personal information, and handle the personal information within the scope necessary for accomplishing the purposes of use.
- Vecnos will endeavor to keep the acquired personal information accurate and up-to-date within the scope necessary for the purposes of use.
- Vecnos will take necessary and appropriate steps such as protection from destruction, leakage, and modification, etc. to ensure the security of personal information in handling the personal information.
- Vecnos will give proper consideration to allow a person who is the subject of personal information (the principal) to be appropriately involved in the handling of same information.
President and CEO
Handling of Personal Information
Vecnos Inc. (hereafter referred to as Vecnos) recognizes that protection of the personal information of all people (hereafter referred to as the principal) whose personal information is provided to Vecnos is an important responsibility for a business organization that handles personal information. Vecnos hereby establishes this policy for handling personal information and will endeavor to protect personal information.
- Management of personal information
In order to prevent leakage, loss, destruction, etc. of personal information, Vecnos endeavors to protect personal information in its possession complying with laws, regulations, guidelines, and internal rules and take appropriate safety control measures. Employees of Vecnos will be trained on proper handling of personal information so that they may make best efforts to protect the personal information.
- Acquisition and purposes of Use of personal information
(1) Vecnos will collect personal information by appropriate means based on the spirit of legal compliance.
(2) When Vecnos intends to acquire personal information and obtains it directly from the person in writing or through the Web, Vecnos will clearly indicate the purpose of using the personal information. However, if the purpose of use is clear from the circumstances at the time of provision, the purpose of use may be omitted.
(3) Vecnos will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use necessary for achieving our business activities.１. Personal information of customers and business partners
（the purpose of use）
2. Personal information provided by the consignor
- Providing information and suggestions regarding products and services
- Providing products/services, support, and procedures related to clerical/accounting
- Information and management of events such as seminars and fairs
- Contact for business talks and meetings
- Request and contact for questionnaires and surveys regarding planning and use of products and services
- Procedures such as contact for material purchase, parts procurement, etc., and related administrative and accounting
- Creating statistical data
- Management of access to our facility
- Response to various inquiries
（the purpose of use）
3. Personal information of applicants for employment
- Performance of work entrusted by the contractor
- Business related to fulfillment of obligations
（the purpose of use）
- Providing information to recruiting applicants and operations related to recruiting activities
(5) In the case of “in accordance with laws and regulations”, “protection of human life, body or property” and “cooperation with a national institution”, etc. as stipulated in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan, even if it is outside the scope of the above purpose of use, Vecnos may collect and use personal information without prior consent of the principal.
- Provision of personal information to a third partyVecnos does not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:(1) When the principal has given a prior consent.
(2) When the personal information is provided for use by business partners such as subcontractors, agents, etc. who are appropriately supervised by Vecnos.
(3) When personal information is shared among Vecnos subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Data items to be shared are only the necessary information among name, occupation (company name, affiliation, title), address, telephone number, email address, date of birth or age, gender, URL, product purchase history, and maintenance history information.
(4) When the personal information has been acquired for the purpose of providing said information to a third party, and when its purposes, data items to be provided, provision means, contact persons for requesting cessation of use are notified or put in an easily accessible state.
(5) When the personal information is required to protect human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal.
(6) When a judicial or administrative organization demands provision of personal information according to laws and regulations.
(7) When Vecnos provides the personal information to other parties because of merger, split-up, business transfer, etc.
- Inquiries and procedures for disclosure, etc. of personal information
(1) When the principal or his/her legal representative wishes to access, change, or cease using the personal information, please "Contact Vecnos".
(2) At the time of inquiry, Vecnos may be required to confirm that the requesting person is the principal or his/her legal representative.
(3) Vecnos may not respond to requests if Vecnos can not confirm that the requesting person is the principal or his/her legal representative, or if Vecnos is not required to do so under Japanese law.
- Handling of access log information on the Website
Vecnos website may acquire customer’s access log information on Vecnos website such as the selector, page browsing history, IP address, etc. when you access the website, for the following purposes:
- Purposes of using access information
＜1＞ To identify a browser in use or a user to facilitate authentication.
＜2＞ To understand the use of the Website and mail news, and to improve their contents.
＜3＞ To customize the contents of the Website for each customer.
＜4＞ To properly display the advertisement of Vecnos group companies.
＜5＞ To understand use of services and improve contents of services where personal information is registered in advance.
＜6＞ To associate the access information with customer’s information and to provide a variety of information and proposal.
- Prevention of unauthorized access
Vecnos will use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect data from unauthorized accesses by a third party during transmission when a customer as the principal provides confidential information such as his/her personal information through the Website operated by Vecnos. However, such a technology may not be used depending on the computer environment of the customer, and Vecnos also offers web pages for browsers not supporting SSL. However, it should be noted that information on such pages may not be encrypted.
- Use of Google Analytics
Please see the following site to know details of Google Analytics.
- Handling of personal information on linked pages
Vecnos takes no responsibility for handling of personal information on the websites linked to the Vecnos website, operated by a third party other than Vecnos or Vecnos group companies.
- Purposes of using access information
- International Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data that Vecnos acquires may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the country or area where the principal resides. If Vecnos transfers any acquired personal data to a third country, Vecnos shall take appropriate protection measures necessary for international data transfer.
Vecnos may update this "Handling of Personal Information" because of revisions of purposes of use, improvement of safety, or according to revisions of related laws, regulations, or criteria. Therefore, Vecnos recommends to periodically check "Handling of Personal Information" on Vecnos Web site, etc.
(*1) A "cookie" refers to identification information sent from a Web server when the browser accessed a Web site. The browser sends back the information to the Web server when accessing the site again.
(*2) A "web beacon" refers to a small image file included on a Web page used to record an access of the page.
Revised: August, 2020